BIM Engineer - remote (f/m/d)
- DB Engineering&Consulting GmbH
- Full Time (Duration: Permanent)
Railways for the world of tomorrow.
For our ongoing full BIM projects in Rail Baltica – the biggest High-Speed Rail project within the European Union, we are currently searching for a passionate BIM Engineer to join our team and to be responsible of drafting 3D models for Roads, Bridges and Railway infrastructure.
Deutsche Bahn’s expertise is in high demand all around the world. As a leading engineering and consulting company in the rail sector, DB Engineering & Consulting offers that knowledge – starting with an idea and continuing all the way to operations. We advise our customers in Germany and around the globe, develop technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With sustainable concepts, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future.
Since 1966, DB Engineering & Consulting has implemented thousands of projects of any size and complexity in over 100 countries. About 5,000 employees from 84 nations are currently realizing the projects of our customers with professional knowledge and intercultural experience.
- Creating, maintaining and updating 3D models and the local 3D model Library
- Organizing the data used for creating 3D models
- Structuring the projects from the start and making sure that the possibility for 4D and 5D BIM exists
- Assist the BIM Coordinator by providing technical feedback regarding 3D modeling in BIM Projects (internal and external)
- Work in close cooperation with the BIM Coordinator in all aspects related to BIM project’s planning and execution
- Ensure that the BIM Coordinator is aware of aspects that might impact on the level of quality and timely realization of the projects
- Maintain and develop relationships with the BIM Engineers from German offices, if the project requires it, at their level in order to ensure the implementation of the same 3D modeling guidelines in projects
- Review and propose new procedures and rules meant to optimize the day to day 3D model process
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent (preferably Infrastructure Design)
- Proficiency in specific 3D Software for design (REVIT, Tekla and knowledge of AutoCad)
- Knowledge of parametric modeling and IT development (Dynamo, Grasshopper, Rhinoceros, Python, C#) represents an advantage
- At least 2 years experience with 3D modeling
- Good knowledge of BIM specific terms, codes and overall process
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Fluency in Romanian and English is required. Other language skills, especially German, is beneficial
- Able to work independently following the internal design codes
- Result-oriented attitude.
Please note that your application will be saved and used in electronic form as a part of the application process for this position.
Thank you for considering DB Engineering & Consulting as a prospective employer!