Bid Manager (f/m/d)
- DB Engineering&Consulting GmbH
- Infrastructure, Operations & Maintenance, Rail Transport, Sales/Key Account Management, Engineering
- Full Time (Duration: Permanent)
- from Nov 1, 2022
Railways for the world of tomorrow.
We are looking for a Bid Manager for our offices in Riga, Latvia
Deutsche Bahn’s expertise is in high demand all around the world. As a leading engineering and consulting company in the rail sector, DB Engineering & Consulting offers that knowledge – starting with an idea and continuing all the way to operations. We advise our customers in Germany and around the globe, develop technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With sustainable concepts, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future.
Since 1966, DB Engineering & Consulting has implemented thousands of projects of any size and complexity in over 100 countries. About 5,000 employees from 84 nations are currently realizing the projects of our customers with professional knowledge and intercultural experience.
• Coordinate the bidding process in the Baltics region
• Cooperate with team members regarding bid documentation preparation
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree and/or relevant experience as a bid coordinator in the transport/railway sector/project management
• International experience across many disciplines within the consulting and/or rail/design/engineering/construction/transport industries is desired, with the ability to understand technical terminology
• Minimum 1 year of experience developing proposals to secure contracts for large value, complex projects
• Experience in coordinating the bidding process and preparing bid templates
• Experience in compiling company project experience credentials documents, formatted CVs and capability statements, references, certificates etc. for bids.
• Excellent project management capability, including the ability to work under pressure and manage different bids, working within tight deadlines
• The ability to deliver complex documents independently
• Customer orientation and ability to understand requirements and apply technical skills to create a winning solution
• Applied knowledge of numeracy skills and moderate level of competences using Excel spreadsheets and formulas for financing information including price modeling and budget preparation
• Experience in coordinating bid teams to deliver proposals, as well as experience in working with partners from different organizations, countries, and cultures to deliver complex work tasks as a part of consortium
• Experience in maintaining company database of new and forecasted opportunities, the experience in salesforce would be an advantage
• Strong knowledge of sector, key players, and in-country stakeholders
• Experience in analysis of complex information from a range of sources
• Ability to identifying risks and applying mitigating measures
• Fluency in English and Latvian is required, additional language skills such as Russian, especially German, would be a plus
• Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SharePoint, Salesforce
International career opportunities
As a global company, we offer attractive career opportunities - worldwide. We provide a work environment that encourages growth and creativity. You will work on complex and innovative projects with international teams across all continents. Your impact brings markets and people together – around the world.
With more than 5,000 employees from over 80 countries across all technical and engineering disciplines worldwide, we are shaping railways for the world of tomorrow. We offer an inspiring environment for personalities who are open-minded, curious, and committed. A strong team spirit, an intercultural mindset and engagement at work are essential parts of our success.
Professional onboarding and development
We invest in the development of our employees. To ensure the best start for you, we provide a global onboarding program and intercultural training and support you in preparing for the next career step.
Attractive employment conditions
We offer you attractive working conditions and a competitive compensation package based on country conditions.
Mobilization & relocation support
To ensure a smooth and successful start for your international employment, we assist you with relocation and immigration.
Our international security support ensures safe working conditions worldwide and provides you with relevant information for safe living around the globe.
In case you match the profile and are interested in a complex task within the transport sector, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please state your earliest possible availability as well as your salary expectations.
Please note that your application will be saved and used in electronic form as a part of the application process for this position.
Thank you for considering DB Engineering & Consulting as prospective employer!