Chief Maintenance Officer (f/m/d)
- DB International Operations
- Full Time (Duration: Permanent)
- from Oct 15, 2021
- Application deadline: Open
Deutsche Bahn International Operations GmbH is a part of the DB group, a world-leading global railway company with an extensive organization in Germany and projects around the world. Our company offers a technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. We acquire, initiate and manage rail operations and maintenance projects outside Europe. We are looking for transport and mobility enthusiasts and entrepreneurs with long-standing experience in railway operations and projects in India or worldwide. We are currently seeking you to build up and manage the operation and maintenance of a Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) and Mass Rapid Transport System (MRTS) business in Delhi, India. This 82km long Delhi-Meerut line will consist of 16 RRTS and 6 MRTS stations. The role will include developing a local operations & maintenance (O&M) company from scratch to full operations, developing and leading a passionate and performance driven team, steering quality, performance and customer satisfaction as well as ensuring economic success in India.
- Report to the CEO
- Ensure the economic success of the company together with the CEO and the Chief Operations Officer
- Ensure the management of the maintenance of a high-quality RRTS & MRTS including maintenance of track, and signaling & communication systems, power supply, fair collection, ticket vending machines, public information systems, facilities, etc.
- Overall responsibility for the achievement of all within the field of maintenance relevant KPIs, RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Safety) and internal targets.
- Overall responsibility for the safe execution of all the maintenance activities applying the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Ensure all relevant personnel resources within the field of maintenance and management for the optimal use of resources
- Continuously improve the maintenance processes with regards to safety, quality and cost efficiency
- Ensure the planning of all maintenance activities and planning and provision of the budget within the field of maintenance
- Master´s or Bachelor´s Degree in Engineering/Transport/Mechanics/ Electronics/Electrical or Civil Engineering
- At least 15 years of professional experience in Rail based System holding responsibilities of installation, testing & commissioning, of sub-systems
- At least 10 years of experience in maintenance of one or more sub-systems, (namely, Rolling Stock, Signalling and Train Control, Telecom, Traction, Electrical and Mechanical and Track) out of the above 15 years
- At least 5 years of experience as Chief Maintenance Officer or Head of Maintenance or in an equivalent capacity in a Rail based System out of the above 15 years
- Preferably experience in setup of a new rail transportation system
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to demonstrate a broad knowledge across all rail engineering aspects and maintenance
- English at an advanced level of written and verbal skill; Hindi language will be an added advantage
- Multi skilled over a number of disciplines and possess analytical skills for problem solving
- Ability to train technicians and pass on experience and knowledge
- High strategic orientation, people management skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Good negotiation skills, the concern for order/ attention to details and the ability to think conceptual rounds off your profile
- Willingness to move your primary residence to New Delhi for at least 2-3 years