- Schenker of Canada Limited
- Contract Logistics/Supply Chain Mgmt
- Full Time (Duration: Permanent)
- Application deadline: Open
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual back-grounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate SCAN database records on a daily basis, while ensuring updates are entered, modified, and deleted as required in a timely fashion.
- Provides administrative support for SCAN systems including: monitoring supplies, following up on equipment repairs, arranging for service calls, remaking barcode labels, and testing barcodes.
- Provides assistance and delivers on special projects related to SCAN (e.g. inventory preparation) as required.
- Participates and provides operational support to the Data Centre functions as necessary.
- Accountable for maintaining systemic printer assignments, and maintaining and purging of Norand and CK31 listing.
- Oversees and trouble shoots equipment malfunctions, systemic transaction anomalies, and escalates (when appropriate) related issues.
- Supports cross functional activities.
- Effectively partners with Human Resources to ensure incoming Associates, (i.e. new hires, temporary and transferred Associates) are entered into the Scan database to facilitate the assignment of work functions.
- Maintains back up tape logs and forward to Home Office daily.
- Supports all testing and implementation of various WMI system enhancements and roll outs.
- Provides technical support to Distribution Centre personnel and other IT functions including the server and network infrastructure.
- Maintains the Distribution Centres corporate server, desktop, telecommunication and network infrastructure.
- Ensures the stability of the Company’s systems environment through regular maintenance, testing and implementing of new technologies.
- Provides support and administration to hand scanners and other peripheral devices
- Provides on-call support.
- Education: OSSD Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Diploma in Computer Systems, Systems Administration, or related technical discipline
- 3-5 years experience in data entry and or systems administration.
- Knowledge of Data Centre and Receiving operations within Distribution Services or logistics.
- Ability to be flexible with strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to data and accuracy.
- Communication skills including verbal and written (ability to produce Technical documentation).
- Intermediate computer skills including spreadsheets (i.e. Windows, MS Office), keyboarding, word processing, and e-mail.
- Ability to develop effective collaborative working relationships with Distribution Services, Management, Associates and external contacts.
- Strong trouble shooting, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Customer service skills; including effectively and efficiently responding to inquiries and identifying stated and unstated customer needs.
- Navigates through various SCAN menus to maintain user and system accuracy.
- Provides daily statistics and reports to operations management used for production planning.
- Interacts with all departments in the DC Including systems, third party and Planning.
- Handles multiple calls and emails daily.
Now you can easily start the application process online.Apply now