Director Design & Engineering
- DB Engineering & Consulting USA Inc.
- Los Angeles, Sacramento, New York City
- Full Time (Duration: Permanent)
- Application deadline: Open
Railways for the world of tomorrowDeutsche Bahn’s expertise is in high demand all around the world. As a leading engineering and consulting company in the rail sector, DB Engineering & Consulting offers that knowledge – starting with an idea and continuing all the way to operations. We advise our customers in Germany and around the globe, develop technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With sustainable concepts, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future. Since 1966, DB Engineering & Consulting has implemented thousands of projects of any size and complexity in over 100 countries. About 5.000 employees from 84 nations are currently realizing the projects of our customers with professional knowledge and intercultural experience.
- Develop DB E&C’s rail design & engineering new practice in North America and finalize a strategy to enter the U.S. market with rail-focused and European-inspired design and engineering services
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with the U.S. railway agencies and all other potential clients to develop further business opportunities with focus on rail design & engineering
- Supervise engineering projects managed by Senior Engineers/Consultants, Project Engineers and collaborate with the existing consulting team
- Ensure quality, cost control, and profitability
- Recruit and develop U.S. Design and Engineering team.
- Network with DB E&C’s German and global entities and make advanced European rail-engineering and design knowledge and solutions accessible to U.S. clients.
- Manage project execution and performance of team and subcontractors.
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in senior leadership roles in the design & engineering railway industry and U.S. market
- Degree(s) in Electrical, Mechanical, and/or Civil Engineering. An MBA degree is a plus
- Hold a valid and current Professional Engineering License in the United States
- Excellent knowledge of the U.S. railway market and proven relationships with a network of potential clients and partners from the transport industry and market (railways, metro, LRT operators, local engineering, and consulting companies as well as governmental institutions)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of American ANSI and European CEN, CENELEC, and ETSI standards
- Expertise in rail-borne transportation technologies, railroad operations concepts, railroad infra-structure designs, and functional understanding
- Active membership in North American transportation associations and participation in professional committees
- Analytical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Have a valid driver’s license and U.S. Passport or work visa