HR Business Partner, USA
- DB Engineering & Consulting USA Inc.
- Full Time (Duration: Permanent)
Railways for the world of tomorrow.
Deutsche Bahn has been designing, engineering, constructing, testing, and commissioning, innovative and integrated multi-modal transportation systems for over 180 years.
Since 2017, DB Engineering and Consulting USA Inc. is the part of that team bringing DB’s global experience and knowledge to the North American marketplace. Our clients are passenger, freight railway companies and railway transportation agencies in North America who seek to improve their organizational performance and modernize their product and service portfolio. We have offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, CA and New York – however, many of our employees live all across the US.
We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner (HR BP) for DB E.C.O. North America, who will be the first point of contact for all HR-related matters for employees in the U.S. and Canada (50+ employees). The HRBP consults with Senior Management and business partners, and will also maintain regular contact with the DB E&C GmbH International HR team in Berlin, participating in virtual and on-site meetings. This role offers exciting challenges and potential for career growth and reports directly to the CFO.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Support recruitment efforts by reviewing resumes, conducting job interviews as requested by the International Recruiting Manager in Germany and the US.
- Work with an immigration attorney, prepare applications for foreign employees‘ L and E work visas, EAD cards, H1B visas and green cards.
- Support international and domestic relocation and assist with onboarding of new employees.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Develop and maintain HR policies and procedures in keeping with local, state and U.S. federal employment laws and Canadian and Provincial laws, update Employee Handbooks and make sure to adhere to ICS protocols required by DB Germany.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Manage compensation by ensuring compensation plans are competitive, maintain job descriptions and salary matrices; participate in salary surveys as needed; recommend compensation for new and existing hires and administrate the annual performance appraisal and salary review process.
- Facilitate and assist with enrollment in domestic and international annual benefit plans
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers, including preparation of offer letters, arrangement for background checks, drug screens & sanction list screenings for new employees.
- Provide HR-related guidance and input on an annual budget round planning, including workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met; oversee the company’s training (employee development) scheme.
- Set up and track online training for Harassment Prevention, Diversity and Compliance.
- Enter employee data into the payroll system; approve bi-weekly payroll files prior to processing.
- Maintain employee files.
- Submit EEO reports, arrange for Affirmative Action Plan development & reporting;
- Participate in annual non-discrimination testing and for 401(k) plan and worker’s compensation audit; assist with annual preparation of 1095-C forms (and equivalent processes in Canada)
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor´s degree (Business, Human Resources, Law) or equivalent; graduate degree a plus;
- Several years of experience as a Human Resources Manager, with strong business acumen and knowledge in the following areas: labor law, compensation, benefits, employee relations, recruitment, training, immigration
- Proactive, outgoing and positive personality with very good communication skills as well as high sensitivity in dealing with people;
- High reliability, trustworthiness and sense of confidentiality;
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills;
- Highly flexible in terms of culture and work mentality;
- Team player with strong intercultural mindset;
- Excellent self-organization and high level of motivation;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
DB Engineering and Consulting USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity. In addition to federal law requirements. DB Engineering and Consulting USA, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Thank you for considering DB Engineering & Consulting USA, Inc. as a prospective employer!