Consultant/Sr. Consultant, Zero Emissions in Rail & Transit, United States
- DB E.C.O. North America Inc.
- Administrative / Management, Rail Transport, Projects
- Full Time (Duration: Permanent)
DB E.C.O. North America Inc. is part of Deutsche Bahn (German Railway), one of the world’s leading passenger transportation and logistics companies, operating in 140 countries. Every day, more than 330,000 employees are committed to providing mobility and logistical services for customers around the world.DB E.C.O. North America, Inc.'s Management Consulting team follows a consulting approach that combines the strengths of traditional management consulting with strategic and technical consulting services for public transportation and freight rail. Our management consulting services range from strategy development to implementation of integrated mobility solutions and business transformation projects. We guide our clients in realizing new business opportunities and in developing their existing operations to achieve measurable improvements in efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability, and customer satisfaction. Our projects cover a large part of the value chain, including business development, service planning, organizational optimization, development and implementation of zero-emission strategies, financial and operational excellence, operations, fleet and maintenance management, procurement, and infrastructure planning.
- As a member of our Low- and Zero-Emissions team, you will engage in consulting projects, with significant focus on technical aspects, and take responsibility for your own project modules
- Help our clients to improve their business and organizational performance and to develop and implement new business strategies, with focus on clean technology assessment and implementation strategies for rail and other transit
- Perform research and quantitative analyses, conduct / coordinate studies and lead workshops
- May lead projects and present project results to senior management using PowerPoint
- May occasionally participate in hands-on testing of new technologies and oversight of new clean-propulsion vehicle construction.
- Leverage the knowledge and expertise of Deutsche Bahn’s railway subject matter experts in consulting projects where applicable
- 5+ years of experience in technical consulting, and familiarity with the management consulting
- Ideally, an MA or MS in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g., Electrical Engineering)
- Expertise in emissions pollution reduction technologies, specifically the transition from traditional gasoline and diesel propulsion to hydrogen and batteries, ideally for the transportation or rail industry.
- Intermediate scripting skills (mainly Python) with the ability to read and/or write object-oriented code. Exposure to electrical design software (AutoCAD) including 3D CAD.
- Ideally, hands-on experience with zero emissions propulsion technology (batteries, fuel cells, etc.) in heavy-duty transportation applications
- Moderate knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) requirements for rail vehicles, including emissions testing, operational testing, safety, and new vehicle requirements.
- Outstanding analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills and an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset; ability to be self-directed and to be an independent contributor to the team; aptitude to quickly grasp new concepts and effectively produce results
- Experience in using Excel or similar (e.g. Matlab, Minitab) for performing analyses and developing quantitative models
- Flexibility to travel: The majority of our projects are conducted remotely, enabling you to work from anywhere in the US. However, occasional domestic / international travel may be required
- Passion for transport, mobility, railway, innovation, and clean technology
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.5)