Principal Consultant Rail and Training (f/m/d)
- DB Engineering&Consulting GmbH
- Full Time (Duration: Permanent)
- from Dec 1, 2021
Railways for the world of tomorrow.
Our railway consulting team in Latin America is constantly growing. For our office in Medellín (Colombia) we are looking for an experienced engineer to join us as:
Principle Consultant Rail and Training (f/m/d)
Deutsche Bahn’s expertise is in high demand all around the world. As a leading engineering and consulting company in the rail sector, DB Engineering & Consulting offers that knowledge – starting with an idea and continuing all the way to operations. We advise our customers in Germany and around the globe, develop technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With sustainable concepts, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future.
Since 1966, DB Engineering & Consulting has implemented thousands of projects of any size and complexity in over 100 countries. About 5,000 employees from 84 nations are currently realizing the projects of our customers with professional knowledge and intercultural experience.
- Assume responsibility for a part of DB E&C’s market in Latin America including delivering consulting and training services, supervising projects and business development
- Develop and execute training in min. one of the major railway disciplines (e. g. specifically for train drivers)
- Deliver rail consulting projects for the local markets
- Develop methodologies and concepts to support regional bids with training requirements
- Perform training evaluation and feedback sessions
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Drive and promote DB E&C’s training portfolio through active sales and consulting activities in the country (in alignment with the Product Owner DB Rail Academy)
- Conduct business meetings with prospective clients
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Identify potential target groups to address training portfolio
- Initiate proactively and drive change in processes, tools and capabilities
- Assume profit responsibility for the training delivery in the respective market
- Own training portfolio in the respective market
- At least 5 years of experience in the railway industry is a must
- Fluency in English and Spanish is mandatory, German will be an asset
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in the area of railway maintenance and/or operations are mandatory. Previous experience in railway disciplines e.g.: safety, operations, infrastructure, depot, signaling is highly valued.
- Solid understanding of local market and network of relationships to promote DB Rail Academy on the local market
- Experience in training delivery and facilitation would be an asset
- Proven track of completed projects and experience on the dedicated market
- Highly motivated self-starter with a passion for business development and drive for consulting activities
- Ability to relate to other people with strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills
- Ability to independently deliver results while working remotely with limited direction
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
- Cultural awareness and international mindset to perform within an international structure
- Vocally self-critical, open to cope with feedback and implement it
- Willingness to travel extensively within the region based on project requirements
This position reports to the Executive Director or Director Consulting LATAM and technically (indirectly) to the Global Director DB Rail Academy in Germany
This position can be also based in one of our other offices in Mexico, Uruguay, Brasil.
In case you match the profile and are interested in a complex task within the transport sector, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please state your earliest possible availability as well as your salary expectations.
Please note that your application will be saved and used in electronic form as a part of the application process for this position.
Thank you for considering DB Engineering & Consulting as a prospective employer!