Railway Alignment Engineer (f/m/d)
- DB Engineering&Consulting GmbH
- Infrastructure, Rail Transport, Projects, Engineering
- Full Time (Duration: Permanent)
Railways for the world of tomorrow.
Deutsche Bahn’s expertise is in high demand all around the world. As a leading engineering and consulting company in the rail sector, DB Engineering & Consulting offers that knowledge – starting with an idea and continuing all the way to operations. We advise our customers in Germany and around the globe, develop technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With sustainable concepts, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future.
Since 1966, DB Engineering & Consulting has implemented thousands of projects of any size and complexity in over 100 countries. About 5,000 employees from 84 nations are currently realizing the projects of our customers with professional knowledge and intercultural experience.
• Supervision of works implemented under FIDIC Contract Conditions and relevant local legislation in accordance with high and consistent standards of quality
• To check the status of track works, fastening system, running rails, fish plates and visual inspection of welding; to witness measurement of track performances such as gauge, declivity, and linearity; to evaluate of the integrity of running rails, and evaluate if any events occurred in the past with running rails; to check the integrity of switch point blade system, movable parts of switching points, integrity of the buffer stops; to verify the maintenance plan for preventive actions, and pay attention to replacement of components)
• To implement established quality-controlled safety system
• To prepare all necessary inputs for reporting (regular and ad-hoc)
• Assessment of validity of the adopted construction methods
• Risk assessment and management
• Advising in Technical and Financial Project Progress control issues & inputs for Corrective Measures
• Advising in Variation Orders Management, Resolution of Project Issues and Disputes and Complaints / Claims Management
• Testing & Commissioning Assistance
• Monitoring and coordination of design review activities (bridges and other minor structures)
• Other duties, as assigned
• Preferably 15+ years of general professional experience.
• Have at least 8 years of professional experience in supervision of construction / reconstruction of railway superstructure/infrastructure; and,
• Have at least 2 successfully completed railway infrastructure projects, as railway supervision engineer.
• Have as a minimum B. Sc. in civil engineering (or documented as equivalent).
• Excellent command of English language.
• Command of Turkish language to be an asset.
International career opportunities
As a global company, we offer attractive career opportunities - worldwide. We provide a work environment that encourages growth and creativity. You will work on complex and innovative projects with international teams across all continents. Your impact brings markets and people together – around the world.
With more than 5,000 employees from over 80 countries across all technical and engineering disciplines worldwide, we are shaping railways for the world of tomorrow. We offer an inspiring environment for personalities who are open-minded, curious, and committed. A strong team spirit, an intercultural mindset and engagement at work are essential parts of our success.
Professional onboarding and development
We invest in the development of our employees. To ensure the best start for you, we provide a global onboarding program and intercultural training and support you in preparing for the next career step.
Attractive employment conditions
We offer you attractive working conditions and a competitive compensation package based on country conditions.
Mobilization & relocation support
To ensure a smooth and successful start for your international employment, we assist you with relocation and immigration.
Our international security support ensures safe working conditions worldwide and provides you with relevant information for a safe living around the globe.
Thank you for considering DB Engineering & Consulting as a prospective employer!
In case you match the profile and are interested in a complex task within the transport sector, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please state your earliest possible availability as well as your salary expectations.
Please note that your application will be saved and used in electronic form as a part of the application process for this position.
Thank you for considering DB Engineering & Consulting as prospective employer!