Responsible for loading and unloading freight accurately, inventory control, rotation and inspection and other warehouse related duties to ensure timely and accurate delivery of freight to customers. Assist the Supervisor and Manager maintain the operations of the warehouse facility by acting as lead liaison/ point of contact between Warehouse Manager and assigned areas of the warehouse. Provide direction to warehouse employees while performing individual warehouse responsibilities in a specific functional.
What will you enjoy doing (duties/tasks)
- Load inbound and outbound freight to and from vehicles and containers
- Unload inbound and outbound containers and sort according to size of freight and destination
- Read, decode, and decipher freight coding in order to expedite freight movement and tracing process
- Reconcile driver pick up and delivery manifests
- Label, weigh, and dimensionalize freight
- Perform cleanup activities in the work area to ensure safety and cleanliness of dock
- Record damaged shipments and misrouted freight on applicable reports
- Communicate work area needs to Warehouse Supervisor
- Determine daily tasks, workloads and coordinates staffing accordingly in conjunction with Warehouse Supervisor.
- Delegate warehouse tasks in assigned area in conjunction with Warehouse Supervisor
- Identify system or process issues and communicate those to Warehouse Supervisor
- Coordinate trucking transportation in and out of the warehouse
- Maintain quality standards for warehouse storage and service including communication to internal and external customers
- Maintain and ensure a safe working environment
What you need to succeed (Qualifications, experience, skills, attributes)
- This is a senior-level position.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience.
- Warehouse experience preferred.
Why You will Love DB Schenker
Many of our jobs come with great benefits-including healthcare, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement.
- Earn up to 3 weeks' Vacation over the course of your first year + Holidays + Sick Days
- Full Health Insurance on day one (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Career Advancement. We are strong believers in continual training and development for our people. Your success is our success
- Your Safety is important to us, so we will provide protective gear
- Health Advocacy support for you and your family
- Company Paid life insurance
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) option
How to Get Started
You can begin by applying above or visit us at https://dbschenker.com/global/careers
Stay Connected With Us
Visit our Blog: www.nowthatslogistics.com
DB Schenker is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. DB Schenker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.