Engineers are an essential part of our team who ensure that all our vehicles are in safe and roadworthy condition for our customers. People are our priority. Being on time every time means that our customers will travel with us time after time.
A vacancy has arisen to join the Arriva Wales team as a Shift Fitter at our Wrexham Depot. Supporting the Engineering Manager, you will support the maintenance of the operational fleet of vehicles to Company Maintenance Policy standard, and applying safe working practice within the depot.
This role will also involve a 1 in 3 on call rota.
· Carrying out servicing and repairs to Arriva and DVSA standards
· Inspection of vehicles for scheduled maintenance (training can be provided)
· Attending vehicle breakdowns as and when required.
· Preparing vehicles for annual test.
· Vehicle fault diagnosis
· Attending any relevant training courses including Health and Safety.
You will need to have the ability to work safely and unsupervised to pre-set standards and guidelines. You will have a sound knowledge of PCV maintenance, with the relevant qualifications to certify this. A PCV licence is desirable but not essential. Where necessary training can be provided. The role will include shift work and some electrical knowledge would be an advantage.