Warehouse Operative (Night shift)
- Schenker Ltd.
- Full Time (Duration: Permanent)
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
The purpose of the role is to work as part of an experienced Warehouse team to process land / road freight.
The position is working lates (4pm - mid-night) Monday to Friday.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities -
- Receiving of inbound land freight
- Booking in of freight,
- Loading and unloading of vehicles using forklift truck,
- Sort and split freight as per customer SOP’s,
- Adherence to all procedures as directed,
- Use handheld scanners as part of the warehouse management system,
- Frequently complete manual handling tasks,
- Maintain safe and tidy work environment including carrying out housekeeping functions in the warehouse and yard.
- Ensure all health and safety and in-house procedures are followed.
- Use all MHE (Material Handling Equipment) as trained.
- Experience of working in a Warehouse environment (Essential),
- Basic knowledge of land freight Industry (Desirable),
- Team player,
- Good understanding of written and spoken English (Essential),
- Basic mathematical skills (Essential),
- Basic geographical knowledge (Desirable),
- Counterbalance forklift (Essential),
- Reach forklift (Desirable).
- 5 year checkable history.
- Criminal Record check