At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
* Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures.
* Conduct regular 5s audits to ensure high standards are maintained and improvement areas are proactively addressed.
* Monitor and correct at-risk behaviors.
* Recognize and reward positive behaviors.
* Comply with SLI safety standards and PIT equipment safe operating practices.
* Submit complete and accurate incident reports identifying root cause and corrective actions needed in a timely fashion for all safety and quality/service related incidents.
* Select, place, and train staff and define specific job assignments.
* Manage performance to ensure required levels of productivity and organizational objectives are met.
* Maintain and implement plans to maintain productivity, safety standards, quality, cost control, and employee morale.
* Recognize and reward employee efforts that support plan.
* Develop improvement plans during the focal review process.
* Review each individual’s performance at least twice yearly for progress against focal plan.
* Initiate needed disciplinary action in a timely fashion.
* Plan, manage and control day to day operations for assigned groups or functional areas.
* Implement and evaluate policies, procedures, and practices relating to the operation.
* Verify process compliance through work audits.
* Trend and report on volumetric data for assigned area(s) to assist in labor planning decisions.* This is a supervisory position.
* Strong interpersonal and analytical skills required.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
* Generally prefer 2+ years of related supervisory experience.
Now you can easily start the application process online.