Responsible for loading and unloading freight accurately, inventory control, rotation and inspection and other warehouse related duties to ensure timely and accurate delivery of freight to customers.
What will you enjoy doing (duties/tasks)
- Load inbound and outbound freight to and from vehicles and containers
- Unload inbound and outbound containers and sort according to size of freight and destination
- Read, decode, and decipher freight coding in order to expedite freight movement and tracing process
- Reconcile driver pick up and delivery manifests
- Label, weigh, and dimensionalize freight
- Record damaged shipments and misrouted freight on applicable reports
- Responsible for inventory, rotation and inspection of freight held in the warehouse
- Complete required documentation
- Perform cleanup activities in the work area to ensure safety and cleanliness of warehouse
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
What you need to succeed (Qualifications, experience, skills, attributes)
- This is an entry-level position.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Generally prefer 0-2 years experience preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Must be, able to operate a variety of equipment such as a forklift and a computer, and have strong organizational, inventory, and accounting skills.
- Must be able to read, decode, and decipher freight coding; operate hand truck and fork lift; and in some cases perform tasks in inclement weather conditions.
Why You will Love DB Schenker
Many of our jobs come with great benefits-including healthcare, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement.
- Earn up to 3 weeks' Vacation over the course of your first year + Holidays + Sick Days
- Full Health Insurance on day one (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Career Advancement. We are strong believers in continual training and development for our people. Your success is our success
- Your Safety is important to us, so we will provide protective gear
- Health Advocacy support for you and your family
- Company Paid life insurance
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) option
How to Get Started
You can begin by applying above or visit us at https://dbschenker.com/global/careers
Stay Connected With Us
Visit our Blog: www.nowthatslogistics.com
DB Schenker is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. DB Schenker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.