Engineers are at the heart of Arriva who help provide a safe, reliable, and punctual service, day in day out, for our customers. So, come and be a part of this exciting journey as a Workshop Manager, covering the Merseyside area.What we offer:
- Competitive Salary - £38,364- Full-time, permanent contract- 37 hours per week, Monday-Friday (earlies and lates required, working between 6AM-6PM)- A mentor, a coach, a supportive team… a rewarding career!- Access to The Village Arriva
- Standard Life Pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Continuous development, with potential opportunity to expand your learning by completing a 12 month apprenticeship programme*
- No day will ever be the same, so you need to be flexible whilst also making time for your team. Whether it’s delivering team briefings through to listening to feedback and driving resolution, people need to matter to you.
- Health and safety is critical to us here at Arriva and you’ll be at the forefront of this.
- With an understanding of how a depot runs, you will be responsible for the daily running of the workshop by managing and co-ordinating our Engineering teams to meet and exceed all maintenance, repair, cleaning and servicing of our fleet.
- You’ll also be responsible for other activities including financial control and H&S compliance.
- As part of the leadership team, you’ll be onsite deputy for site management and whilst the role is flexible, you’ll need to be on shift in depot.
What we need from you?
- A strong Engineering background with proven experience in maintenance, repair and overhaul of heavy vehicle, equipment and/or machinery.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety and leads by example.
- Good people management skills to lead a small team of engineers, coaching them to be the best version of themselves.
- Good communication skills (both written and oral), computer literate and able to work with a range of IT systems.
- Ability to work flexibly and with different stakeholders in a high-pressure environment.
- Level 2 Maths and English, or equivalent
APPLY NOW to join the Arriva team to help deliver our vision of providing clean, sustainable and reliable transport services to our customers for a greener future.
At Arriva we acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key focus for us and the creation of a diverse working environment supporting all genders, veterans, backgrounds, cultures and LGBTQ+ colleagues is central to our ability to unlock your potential.
Now you can easily start the application process online.
Arriva Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.